Let’s talk about your wellbeing and COVID-19 at the Festival of Voices.
What will Festival of Voices 2021 look like?
Festival of Voices 2021 will run from 30 June to 11 July. We will be bringing back festival favourites and presenting a series of individual performances and workshops, in line with current guidelines from Live Performance Australia (LPA) and the TAS Health Department.
Public Health and the Department of State Growth have completed discussions with the Festival about a requirement to wear face-masks at Festival activities. This action has been taken because of the current national level of COVID-19 risk, and the characteristics of our Festival. From Wednesday 30 June 2021 onwards, participants, audience and support staff and volunteers will be required to wear a mask at all Festival events, EXCEPT performers when actually singing.
- There will be SOME EXEMPTIONS for people unable to wear a mask for health or safety reasons, and allowance for the temporary removal of the mask for activities such as eating or drinking at events.
- Persons 11 years and younger are exempted but encouraged to wear masks.
- Some small events including outdoor pop-ups and small participatory workshops settings will be exempted.
- Please bring you own mask if you can. The Festival will supply a limited back-up supply of masks.
What measures will Festival of Voices take to adhere to the restrictions and regulations and ensure my safety?
Festival of Voices is committed to bringing people together again in 2021 in a safe and responsible way. We are committed to your wellbeing and COVID-19 compliance measures.
We are working closely with Live Performance Australia (LPA) and the TAS Public Health Department, and will implement various measures, including but not limited to:
- Strict venue capacities.
- Mandatory face masks at all events (see messaging above for more information)
- Check in TAS contact tracing at every event.
- Unwell patrons, staff, volunteers and performers encouraged not to attend festival events.
- Sanitation stations placed thoughtfully across all venues.
- Full sanitation of each venue before each show. High touch points throughout the venues also sanitised regularly throughout each event.
- Contactless payment, we are running a completely cashless festival.
- BYO camp chairs to large outdoor events – read up on each event page to figure out which event require a chair.
- Dance/standing zones at events where we know you’ll want to have a wiggle.
- Minimum 3 metres between performers and patrons. We don’t want you getting hit with saliva at any event, but especially not a COVID-safe event!
What are the current regulations?
We fall under the Events Framework – Level 3, which means that the following regulations apply:
Due to the ever-changing situation, some restrictions may be forced upon us at the last minute, including seating arrangements, social distancing measures, time changes, artist changes, limitations to queues, items that can and cannot be brought into the venue, and so on. Any updates will be announced on our website, social media platforms and of course via email to all affected ticket buyers.
What will happen to my tickets if the 2021 festival is canceled as per government order?
As we did for ticket buyers for the 2020 festival, should we have to cancel all ticket buyers are entitled to a full refund, as are those who purchased a Festival of Voices gift voucher. Festival of Voices adheres to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
What will happen if international or interstate artists can’t come due to travel restrictions?
Due to the current situation we have made the decision to not rely on artists flying to Tasmania from overseas, and instead utilise the amazing talent there is on offer Australia-wide. If an interstate artist can’t come to Tasmania due to travel restrictions, we will provide a suitable replacement, offering those who already booked a ticket the option of cancelling free of charge.
Will I get a refund if travel restrictions prevent me from coming to Tasmania?
If there are closed borders occurring due to government orders at the time of Festival of Voices, we will refund those people affected and unable to travel. If this occurs, please contact our Ticketing Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 6224 5975.
What should I do if I feel unwell on the day of the event I bought tickets for?
If you are feeling unwell or displaying any of the Covid-19 symptoms, including a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath, stay at home.
If you can’t attend the event you booked for, we kindly ask you to contact us on 03 6224 5975 or email@example.com. For events that are free, but ticketed due to limited capacities we also kindly ask you to advise us if you are no longer able to attend, so we can give your spot to someone that otherwise might miss out. Anyone displaying Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to leave any event and we do reserve the right to refuse entry on this basis.
It’s everyone’s job to protect your wellbeing and COVID-19 measures will ensure that we are all safe.
Am I not better off waiting to buy tickets until closer to the date?
At the moment we are working with strict capacities to ensure the social distancing regulations can be adhered to. Therefore, you might miss out on specific events if you wait too long to order your tickets.
Are all events going to be seated?
At the moment the restrictions are as such that dancing is again permitted and patrons don’t necessarily need to be seated when attending performances. Most of our events however will be seated events and for those events we will ensure that there are enough seats available for all patrons. Some events will require you to bring your own chair – please read through each event page to learn more about seating at specific events.
How do I make sure I get a seat next to my friends or family?
Some events have allocated seating, allowing you to select your seats when purchasing your tickets. At any stage, we advise you to purchase the tickets for everyone in your party within the same transaction, and to arrive at the event at the same time as well. For any questions you can always reach out to us on 03 6224 5975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.