Visiting Choir Package
Thinking of bringing your choir to the 2019 festival? We offer a special package for vocal ensembles, including community and non-auditioned choirs from interstate and overseas.
Participation in the Pop-Up series and the Singers’ Lounge are among the most popular events for visiting choirs. Indoor performance venues for the Pop-Ups include many leading hotels, MONA, Hobart International Airport, the Tasmania Museum and Art Gallery (TMAG), shopping centres, and outdoor venues include Salamanca Market, Salamanca Square, Elizabeth Street Mall, Farm Gate Market and the Red Decker Bus.
NB Our preference is for most Pop-up performances to be a cappella, particularly those scheduled for outdoors.
The standard package includes:
- Participation in the iconic Big Sing Bonfire event on Sun 7 July
- Performances as part of the festival’s extensive Pop-Up Program
- Entry and performances in the Singers’ Lounge
- Free admission to Voices @ 5 Concerts
- Participation in a 2-hour choral workshop with Paul Jarman and Helen Todd on Friday 12 July, 4pm to 6pm at the Peacock Theatre
- Free entry to the exclusive “Last Night in the Singers’ Lounge” on Saturday 13 July
Closing date for individual registrations for the Visiting Choir Package is 24 June 2019.
Should choirs wish to perform in the Pop-Ups and/or Singers’ Lounge, the request form MUST be completed by choir leaders by 29 April 2019. You can find the request form here.
For further information relating to the Visiting Choir Package, the Pop-up Program or the Singers’ Lounge, please contact Alan and Emilia Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price includes booking and credit cards fees, nightly entry to Singers’ Lounge (normally $15 per night), participation in a 2-hour workshop and free entry to any Voices @ 5 concerts (5PM – 6PM, Monday 8 July to Friday 12 July in the Hobart Town Hall).
Choir members can register individually or as a group. Please note that choir leaders must also complete the request form if choirs wish to participate in the Pop-Up Program and/or Singers’ Lounge.