Rossini: Petite Messe solennelle Workshop
Join us in 2020 for our major choral workshop – Rossini’s Petite Messe solennelle.
Graham Abbott Returns!
Graham Abbott has been Conductor-in-Residence at the Elder Conservatorium of Music Adelaide, Musical Director of Adelaide Philharmonia Chorus, Associate Conductor of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Musical Director of Melbourne Chorale, and in 1997 was Guest Chorus Master of the Chorus of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. He presented Cherubini’s Requiem at the 2019 Festival.
“I am delighted to have been invited to return to the Festival of Voices in 2020, and to be able to conduct one of my favourite works, Rossini’s Petite Messe solennelle. Scored for choir and soloists with two pianos and harmonium, this extended setting of the Mass is one of Rossini’s last works, written decades after he’d retired from opera, but still full of his charm, wit and endless gift for melody.
Rossini called it “the last sin of my old age”, and while its title is ironic (it’s neither little, nor particularly solemn), it still contains music of enormous power and depth. The great fugues show an unexpected gift for complex counterpoint, while the concluding Agnus Dei is heartbreakingly beautiful. Audiences will be swept away!”
– Graham Abbott, October 2019
EARLY BIRD PRICES (valid until midnight 31 March 2020)
GROUP TICKETS (10 or more) $295 per person
INDIVIDUAL ANCA MEMBERS $295 per person
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS $345 per person
FULL PRICE (from 1 April 2020)
GROUP TICKETS (10 or more) $345 per person
INDIVIDUAL ANCA MEMBERS $345 per person
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS $395 per person
Ticket price value:
- Major classical workshop with Graham Abbott, 7-11 July
- Rossini: Petite Messe solennelle Performance, Federation Concert Hall, 11 July
- Selected Gilbert and Sullivan choruses performed at Finale Concert, Federation Concert Hall,12 July
- Free admission to the Major Choral Concert, Federation Concert Hall, 7 July
- Music scores*
- Free entry to Singers’ Lounge for the duration of the festival.
- Free entry to MONA for the duration of the festival
- 20% Discount at Port Arthur Historic Site for the duration of the festival
- Exclusive hospitality and accommodation savings
*Scores will be sent once registration completed.
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cancellations received by 31 December 2019, refund of the paid amount less 30% fee.
* Cancellations received by 9 April 2020, refund of the paid amount less 60% fee.
* No refund for cancellations after 9 April 2020.
* Name changes are allowed, a $30 administration fee applies.