2014 Festival of Voices Volunteer Information
The Festival of Voices is an annual festival featuring international and national artists across all genres celebrating the power of the voice. To make this possible we welcome an amazing team of people in many roles to give us a hand, who actively want to see the Festival succeed and deliver an amazing program to participants and audiences across the ten days of the Festival.
We are looking for people who:
- Are reliable, responsible, enthusiastic people who don't mind talking, assisting, being friendly and putting their energy to whatever is required.
- People looking to gain experience in events.
- Energetic retirees who love to get involved.
- School teachers / education workers who would like an insight into our vocal program.
- Corporate workers and companies looking to give back to the not-for-profit artistic community.
You must be prepared to:
- Give the role the same attention you would a paid role.
- Be interviewed.
- Be available for a briefing in the FoV office - attendance at this session is required no matter how experienced.
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be available for a minimum of 12 hours across the ten days of the Festival.
- Be fit and healthy.
- Be ready to work hard and have fun.
Benefits - Every volunteer gets:
- A festival pass that gives him/her access to the festival club and showcase concerts. and
- Entry into the event/s that he/she is working on.
Plus if you work over 20hrs:
- Entry into a short course or single day workshop of your choice
- 1 double pass to an event of your choice
- 20% discount on tickets purchased for immediate family members
Plus if you work over 30hrs:
- Entry into a major workshop (6 days) of your choice.
You can make up hours by helping us set up and pack down.
Volunteers are responsible for their own expenses including meals, phone calls and parking. There are a small number of positions that come with a modest honorarium to cover petrol and mobile phone costs and food vouchers if working long or awkward hours. These are negotiated on a case by case basis.
You will be issued with a FoV t-shirt or vest and volunteer pass. While you are working in an official capacity you must wear both T-Shirt/vest, volunteer pass with black trousers, black jeans or skirt and black thermals or skivvy and scarves. The colour code is all black under your FoV clothes. Layer up because it can be cold. Adhering to the dress code is important. It clearly identifies you as FoV crew and it looks smart and professional. If you are taking time off in the club for a drink and a hang out please take your T-shirt off so the public don’t think you are working.
All volunteers are covered by Festival of Voices Public Liability insurance.
Please complete the form below and return it to us ASAP.
Volunteer Coordinator | PO Box 88 Battery Point | Hobart | TAS 7004 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email: email@example.com to receive an application form