Festival of Voices is committed to environmental sustainability and aims to behave in a way that will reduce energy, water, materials use and waste streams in all aspects of our business.
We recognise that sustainable resolutions to environmental issues can be brought about through a cultural agenda. This provides us with opportunities to engage and lead by example and advocate in this area. Our first responsibility is to create a safe and healthy environment for the Festival audience and participants.
- We will strive to use renewable resources in a sustainable manner and conserve non-renewable natural resources through efficient use, recycling and planning.
- We will prioritise local suppliers and those who can provide renewable resources whenever possible.
- Compliance – we will ensure that all laws, rules, regulations, covenants and environmental protection agreements will be met or exceeded.
- All corporate goals will be integrated with environmental goals.
- Contingencies – we will establish and maintain procedures to minimize harm from accidents and work cooperatively with relevant authorities and emergency services.
- All investment decisions must contribute to fulfilling the principle of continuous environmental improvement, waste reduction and social benefits.
- Personnel – we will provide appropriate environmental training to all employees.
- Waste management, in particular litter, the FOV Team will maintain a clean and tidy site during all events recycling where possible.
The Festival of Voices will offset carbon emissions whenever possible, especially those created from accommodation, air travel.
The Festival will endeavor to contain all festival venues within walking distance of each other or where there is access to public transport.
Office and Collateral
Staff are based at the main festival office in the Salamanca Arts Centre.
The office will:
- use energy efficient light globes.
- sourcing all office paper from renewable sources
- All festivals’ signage is reused each year, with alterations made to existing signage rather than generating more waste/emission by producing new ones, where possible.
- The festivals’ Marketing Strategy includes a focus on the reducing of printed advertising material, As part of the plan, alternate online communication tools such as the festival website, webmail’s and social networking are given higher priority.
We are currently discussing Green Ticketing where at the point of purchase patrons are given the option of a carbon offset ticket at an additional cost of $2.00