The Art of A Cappella: A Choral Masterclass
5 July 2023 | 7:00PM | From $45 | 7:00PM | Hobart Town Hall
General admission – $60
Concession Tickets – $45
Full time secondary and tertiary students, Pension concession card holders, Senior card holders, Companion card holders, Veteran Affairs, TPI and health care card holders, children under 12
*A Booking Fee of $3.00 applies, plus a 2.2% Basket Fee which will be calculated at check-out.
VENUE: Hobart Town Hall
Getting to the venue
- The Hobart Town Hall is at 50 Macquarie St, Hobart TAS 7000
- A car park behind the Hobart Town Hall is available for drop offs, accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see entryway to this carpark here.
- 2 accessible parking spaces are available in the Hobart Town Hall carpark, accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see entryway to this carpark here.
- Please follow this link for a virtual tour of the Hobart Town Hall.
- A Hearing Loop is available at this venue. The technology requires the listener to wear a receiver on a lanyard and to insert an earpiece. Please contact the festival if you require the use of one of these devices, as availability is limited.
Guide Dog/Registered Assistance Animals welcome
Water bowls will be available at this event upon request.
- For wheelchair bookings, please contact the festival with specifications and dimensions of the wheelchair and any additional user requirements.
- The Hobart Town Hall Ballroom on level 1 is accessible to wheelchair users via a lift on the ground floor, located to the right of the staircase. The lift is also accessible via the rear car park and requires interaction with an intercom to gain access. This car park is accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see the entryway to this car park here.
- Accessible bathrooms are available on the ground floor of the Hobart Town Hall only.
Tim loves the opportunity to adjudicate choral competitions and to coach choirs of all sizes, taking great pleasure from working with musicians of all ages and ability. He is the founder of The A Cappella Academy and enjoys travelling globally to spend time with singers, helping them to master the craft of performance. In March 2021, he emigrated to New Zealand with his Kiwi wife and two children. Tim is absolutely thrilled to now call Aotearoa home and delighted to be collaborating with so many wonderful performers across the country.
We are delighted to welcome Tim back to Hobart in 2023.
Photo credit: Marco Borggreve
Formed in April 2009 by Jonathan Bligh, The Festival Statesmen is a dynamic male voice a cappella group. With repertoire ranging from Contemporary to Classical, the chorus exists to provide a platform for Adelaide singers to achieve vocal and performance excellence.
Image credit: Jack Parker Visuals
ThylaSing is an award-winning a cappella vocal ensemble based in nipaluna/Hobart. Founded in 2017 by musical director Aaron Powell, ThylaSing aims to provide a space for experienced singers to engage with innovative arrangements of contemporary songs and original compositions. In 2022, ThylaSing won 2nd place in the open division of the Australian A Cappella Awards, as well as a special award for Best Jazz Song. Composer Nic Courto also won Best Original Composition and was runner-up for Best Soloist. ThylaSing perform regularly around Hobart, with highlights including Love, Loss & Hope at Port Arthur, a Cancer Council fundraising concert at Government House, MONA FOMA and many more. As part of the Festival of Voices, ThylaSing have performed every year since forming in the Voices@5 series and the Pop-Up Program, and have been invited on numerous occasions to perform in the A Cappella Concert.
Image credit: Alastair Bett and Festival of Voices
Plan Your Festival
Quote Festival of Voices to receive a 2 for 1 discount on ticket purchases.