Sydney Gay and Lesbian Choir
6 July 2023 | 5:00PM | Hobart Town Hall
Join us for an hour of vocal excellence!
Featuring 10 contrasting vocal ensembles representing capital cities and regional areas around Australia, there is something for everyone across five weekday concerts.
In 2023, Voices@5 will return home to the much-loved Hobart Town Hall.
This concert series is a popular, all-inclusive event, giving everyone the opportunity to hear choral excellence at an affordable price.
Voices@5 Program for 2023:
Monday 3 July: JESSA (TAS) | The Yarra Voices (VIC)
Tuesday 4 July: Up She Rises (TAS) | Voice Weavers (QLD)
Wednesday 5 July: Festival Statesmen (SA) | ThylaSing (TAS)
Thursday 6 July: Sydney Gay & Lesbian Choir (NSW)
Friday 7 July: Acabellas (VIC) | Disciples of Soul (TAS) | Uplift (TAS)
Receive up to a 15% discount if you select three or more concerts in the one transaction. Keep an eye on our social media channels for suggested itineraries. There is a diverse range of concerts for you to choose from to fill your calendar across the 10 days of the Festival.
3 concerts ~ 10% off
6 or more concerts ~ 15% off
Discounts are only applicable on performance tickets, and only apply to full price tickets. Tickets must be purchased in the same transaction. If you select a Concession ticket for a performance as part of a discount package, the lowest price will apply for that ticket. Workshops and seminars are not included in our Performance Packages.
General Admission – $15
*A Booking Fee of $3.00 applies, plus a 2.2% Basket Fee which will be calculated at check-out.
VENUE: Hobart Town Hall
Getting to the venue
- The Hobart Town Hall is at 50 Macquarie St, Hobart TAS 7000
- A car park behind the Hobart Town Hall is available for drop offs, accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see entryway to this carpark here.
- 2 accessible parking spaces are available in the Hobart Town Hall carpark, accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see entryway to this carpark here.
- Please follow this link for a virtual tour of the Hobart Town Hall.
- A Hearing Loop is available at this venue. The technology requires the listener to wear a receiver on a lanyard and to insert an earpiece. Please contact the festival if you require use of one of these devices as availability is limited.
Guide Dog / Registered Assistance Animals welcome
Water bowls will be available at this event upon request.
- For wheelchair bookings please contact the festival with specifications and dimensions of the wheelchair and any additional user requirements.
- The Hobart Town Hall Ballroom on Level 1 is accessible to wheelchair users via lift on the ground floor, located to the right of the staircase. The lift is also accessible via the rear carpark and requires interaction with an intercom to gain access. This carpark is accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see entryway to this carpark here.
- Accessible bathrooms are available on Ground Floor of the Hobart Town Hall only.
Founded in 1991, Sydney Gay & Lesbian Choir (SGLC) has been the soundtrack to Sydney’s LGBTQIA+ community for more than 30 years.
SGLC is a non-auditioned choir that welcomes all people to sing with us, regardless of their sexual and gender identity or musical experience. United by a love of singing together and striving for performance excellence, we’re a powerful symbol of diversity, inclusion and harmony that has maintained a vital and visible presence in the history of Sydney’s LGBTQIA+ community.
Over our 30+ years we’ve provided the soundtrack to countless community events and celebrations, and have regularly represented Sydney on both the national and international stages.
In February 2022 we were thrilled to (belatedly!) showcase our 30th anniversary show, Stronger Together. The title of this show was taken from the massed choral showcase finale performed at 2019’s Out & Loud festival in Canberra – a song written by Sally Whitwell, formerly SGLC’s very own accompanist.
Led by Music Director, Adam Majsay, our diverse repertoire ranges from classical to pop, and from music theatre to contemporary Australian compositions. With around 60 active singing members at any one time, we typically present two major concerts each year, as well as performances at a wide range of community events, interstate and international festivals, collaborations with other artists, recordings and fun social events.
Image credit: Lisa Chanell
Conditions of Sale
- Read the full conditions of sale.
- Festival of Voices adheres to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- All tickets are non-refundable, unless otherwise specified on the specific event page.
- Read the full terms and conditions of sale and entry.
For assistance please contact us on 03 6224 5975 or at email@example.com.
Plan Your Festival
Quote Festival of Voices to receive a 2 for 1 discount on ticket purchases.