Festival Statesmen & ThylaSing
5 July 2023 | 5:00PM | Hobart Town Hall
Join us for an hour of vocal excellence!
Featuring 10 contrasting vocal ensembles representing capital cities and regional areas around Australia, there is something for everyone across five weekday concerts.
In 2023, Voices@5 will return home to the much-loved Hobart Town Hall.
This concert series is a popular, all-inclusive event, giving everyone the opportunity to hear choral excellence at an affordable price.
Voices@5 Program for 2023:
Monday 3 July: JESSA (TAS) | The Yarra Voices (VIC)
Tuesday 4 July: Up She Rises (TAS) | Voice Weavers (QLD)
Wednesday 5 July: Festival Statesmen (SA) | ThylaSing (TAS)
Thursday 6 July: Sydney Gay & Lesbian Choir (NSW)
Friday 7 July: Acabellas (VIC) | Disciples of Soul (TAS) | Uplift (TAS)
Receive up to a 15% discount if you select three or more concerts in the one transaction. Keep an eye on our social media channels for suggested itineraries. There is a diverse range of concerts for you to choose from to fill your calendar across the 10 days of the Festival.
3 concerts ~ 10% off
6 or more concerts ~ 15% off
Discounts are only applicable on performance tickets, and only apply to full price tickets. Tickets must be purchased in the same transaction. If you select a Concession ticket for a performance as part of a discount package, the lowest price will apply for that ticket. Workshops and seminars are not included in our Performance Packages.
General Admission – $15
*A Booking Fee of $3.00 applies, plus a 2.2% Basket Fee which will be calculated at check-out.
VENUE: Hobart Town Hall
Getting to the venue
- The Hobart Town Hall is at 50 Macquarie St, Hobart TAS 7000
- A car park behind the Hobart Town Hall is available for drop offs, accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see entryway to this carpark here.
- 2 accessible parking spaces are available in the Hobart Town Hall carpark, accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see entryway to this carpark here.
- Please follow this link for a virtual tour of the Hobart Town Hall.
- A Hearing Loop is available at this venue. The technology requires the listener to wear a receiver on a lanyard and to insert an earpiece. Please contact the festival if you require use of one of these devices as availability is limited.
Guide Dog / Registered Assistance Animals welcome
Water bowls will be available at this event upon request.
- For wheelchair bookings please contact the festival with specifications and dimensions of the wheelchair and any additional user requirements.
- The Hobart Town Hall Ballroom on Level 1 is accessible to wheelchair users via lift on the ground floor, located to the right of the staircase. The lift is also accessible via the rear carpark and requires interaction with an intercom to gain access. This carpark is accessible from Elizabeth Street. Please see entryway to this carpark here.
- Accessible bathrooms are available on Ground Floor of the Hobart Town Hall only.
ThylaSing is an award-winning a cappella vocal ensemble based in nipaluna/Hobart. Founded in 2017 by musical director Aaron Powell, ThylaSing aims to provide a space for experienced singers to engage with innovative arrangements of contemporary songs and original compositions. In 2022, ThylaSing won 2nd place in the open division of the Australian A Cappella Awards, as well as a special award for Best Jazz Song. Composer Nic Courto also won Best Original Composition and was runner-up for Best Soloist. ThylaSing perform regularly around Hobart, with highlights including Love, Loss & Hope at Port Arthur, a Cancer Council fundraising concert at Government House, MONA FOMA and many more. As part of the Festival of Voices, ThylaSing have performed every year since forming in the Voices@5 series and the Pop-Up Program, and have been invited on numerous occasions to perform in the A Cappella Concert.
Image credit: Alastair Bett and Festival of Voices
Formed in April 2009 by Jonathan Bligh, The Festival Statesmen is a dynamic male voice a cappella group. With repertoire ranging from Contemporary to Classical, the chorus exists to provide a platform for Adelaide singers to achieve vocal and performance excellence.
Image credit: Jack Parker Visuals
Conditions of Sale
- Read the full conditions of sale.
- Festival of Voices adheres to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- All tickets are non-refundable, unless otherwise specified on the specific event page.
- Read the full terms and conditions of sale and entry.
For assistance please contact us on 03 6224 5975 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan Your Festival
Quote Festival of Voices to receive a 2 for 1 discount on ticket purchases.